Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Anything

It's time to update our home study. I had so successfully blocked out all the paperwork mess that ruled my time for so long that I was genuinely surprised to see it resurface after so many months. I didn't even recognize it. Paperwork, I did not miss you. 

In July of 2011 we were told by fellow adopting parents that the USCIS office in Nashville allowed people to walk in at any time once their appointment was scheduled. And how wonderful it was! We went as soon as we were able, very grateful to actually get something done sooner than expected. So imagine our surprise yesterday when we arrived one day early for our second appointment to be told walk-ins were not allowed. The office is only allowed so many fingerprints a day and if "I do it for you I have to do it for everyone." I wonder why the government has the reputation of being less than efficient and accommodating...

So today we will take the boys out of school early and make the trip again. To have fingerprints taken of our same fingers.

Of course my reaction was to be TICKED by our wasted morning and tank of gas (at $3.69/ gallon I might add). I ranted to David about how ridiculous this whole process is...how wasteful...how tiring...how old it is getting. Why does all of it have to be a burden? Where is the joy? Can't others see that we are trying to have a child here? Where is the empathy? Why in the world does the FBI need two sets of fingerprints? Couldn't they check the first prints again?

Being a perpetual expectant mother has started to lose it's charm, in case I was unclear.

And then God shows himself, just like He does every-single-time. On the radio today I heard an interview with an adoptive mom who prayed "anything God" for her family. Her anything is now her son who was born in Rwanda. She talked about waiting and hurting and bonding. And her prayer was I will do anything for you God. And I felt that familiar, inaudible whisper speaking right inside me...Anything Erin. You know you would do anything for Nolan. Anything for Thomas. Anything for your girl. Anything. 

Home studies.
Blood draws.
Bank records.
Background checks.
Applications.
Employment forms.
Copies of everything.
Fingerprints.
Confidentiality disclosures.
Vaccination records for the dog.
Home visits.
Pictures.
Letters of recommendation.
Notary public seals.
Apostilles.
Money.
Waiting.

God adopted me. He did anything for me. He did everything for me- he gave it all up. For me. He continues to pursue me, woo me,  chastise me, free me, love me. 

Anything.

So today we will go back to Nashville. I will not complain. We will take the pretty day God gave us and we will do anything for our girl today. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and said Erin! I can SO relate to the exhaustion of being a "perpetual expectant mother". It's interesting to me that just because I don't have an obvious baby in my belly, that people forget that my EVERY SINGLE DAY is filled with thoughts of my child in the same way it would be if I was physically pregnant instead of "paper pregnant". Hugs and prayers for your journey today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this fashion my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's report begins with this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he revealed hidden, "MIND CONTROL" tactics that the government and others used to get everything they want.

    These are the exact same SECRETS tons of celebrities (especially those who "come out of nothing") and top business people used to become rich and successful.

    You've heard that you use less than 10% of your brain.

    Really, that's because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this thought has even taken place INSIDE OF YOUR own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain about 7 years back, while driving a non-registered, trash bucket of a car with a suspended license and with $3.20 in his pocket.

    "I'm so frustrated with going through life check to check! When will I become successful?"

    You've taken part in those thoughts, isn't it so?

    Your success story is waiting to start. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Learn How To Become A MILLIONAIRE Fast

    ReplyDelete