Monday, February 13, 2012

Tree of life

I haven't posted anything in so long because things haven't looked so good- and having to write it was more than I could stand. But today God showed himself so sweet to us again. We are ON THE LIST!!! That's right- our dossier has been officially registered with the Honduran government and we, the Robertsons, are on THE LIST! I got an email from our agency this morning as I was searching for tax information (blah) and I got so dizzy I almost fell out of my chair! Just yesterday a friend asked how things were going. I told him not so good...nothing appeared to be happening for anyone and that if God didn't do something big nothing was going to happen anytime soon. And then last night our life group prayed for our adoption. And today we are on the list.

Being registered is huge- I was so worried that our psych evals or medical reports or something else would have to be redone and it made my heart sink. I hated the thought of wasted time, doctors appointments where we have weird tests done, more notaries & apostilles. I know, I know, I know...we still have a long road ahead and things can change on a dime (I'm saying this to myself), but today we celebrate.

It has been a stressful few months of waiting. Somehow waiting with nothing to do towards our adoption is harder than having too many things to do. Other families we have grown to care for have decided to adopt from other countries, and my heart has been heavy as they have had so many hard decisions to make. Another family we know met their infant son in Russia months ago and have been waiting on a court date so they could go back for him, knowing he is changing every day and they are missing it. God has made me tender towards them and the children that wait for them.

Our boys talk about their sister like they know her. On Christmas eve, as I put Thomas to bed, he said "maybe Baby Sister will be here in the morning!" I didn't know if I should laugh with joy or cry with the reality of it. Nolan wrote a letter last week at school and said he couldn't wait for her to come to school with him. Thomas put his Valentine money from Nana & Bopa in our Baby Sister jar.

So today I am thankful to God who shows himself so mighty and I learn again that he cares about the details of  life. I am thankful to my friends and family who are praying our girl home. And I am thankful for the couple  dozen people who graciously read my texts in the middle of their day and celebrated with us!

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12 

4 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you and your wonderful news. So happy to hear that things are moving along. Hoping that our name gets on the list soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Erin!!! Rejoicing and celebrating and praying...what WONDERFUL news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alicia & Kelli----I feel really happy to have my online friends to share with as we live this out. You all have blessed me & I cannot wait til the day we read the posts "we are ALL home!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, thanks for your reply on yahoo. My mind is spinning! I am really happy for you and your family, I hope you get to meet your daughter in 2012.

    ReplyDelete